Town of Berry Parks Committee Meeting
Thursday April 23rd 2015 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall 9046 Hwy 19, Mazomanie, WI. 53560
1. Call to order: Meeting called to Order at 7:05 p.m. Present: Kent McDonald, Dick Handschke, Kendall Kahl, Tim Hook, Joe Kruchten
2. Approve minutes from September Meeting: Moved by McDonald, second by Kahl to approve minutes of Sept 11th, 2014 meeting as presented. Motion carried 5-0.
3. Public Comments: You may address the Committee on any item on the Agenda. A Discussion Item may be placed on a future Agenda. Discussion on signage identification of Kahl Halfway Prairie Park to be placed on next meetings Agenda.
4. Discussion/Action on Reed Canary Grass Control at Kahl Halfway Prairie Park. After some discussion and presentation of how to control Reed Canary Grass, Motion by Hook, second by McDonald to contract with Craig Annen for the sum of $850.00 to spray the Park for Reed Canary Grass Control. Motion carried 5-0.
5. Discussion/Action on further Tree Planting in front of Town Hall. Kruchten will pick-up donated trees from Niesen & Son Landscaping Inc. McDonald and Kruchten will plant trees next Wednesday the 29th of April. Handschke to mark planting locations after the area is marked by diggers hotline.
6. Budget Report: In the future Committee Members are to be provided with a hard copy of the current budget.
7. Discussion Future Improvements, Projects for Kahl Halfway Prairie Park. Discussion on suggestion of Fence or some type of screen for the storage area behind the Town Garage took place. Consensus was that it is not something the Park Committee is interested in at this time.
8. Future Meeting Dates. Next Meeting date to be August 20th, 2015
9. Adjourn: Motion by Kahl, second by Handschke to Adjourn. Motion carried 5-0. Meeting Adjourned 8:15 p.m.