TITLE: Town of Berry Park Committee Meeting Minutes
DATE: Sept. 28th , 2017
TIME: 6:30 P.M. to 7:30 P.M.
PLACE: Town Hall, 9046 State Rd. Mazomanie WI. 53560
1. CALL TO ORDER: Meeting called to order at 6:30, Committee members present, Dick Handschke, Tim Hook, Kendall Kahl, Joe Kruchten, Kent McDonald
2. APPROVE MINUTES FROM APRIL 21ST , 2016 MEETING: McDonald/Kahl to approve minutes from April 21st, 2016 meeting. Passed 5-0
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS: YOU MAY ADDRESS THE COMMITTEE ON ANY ITEM ON THE AGENDA. A DISCUSSION ITEM MAY BE PLACED ON A FUTURE AGENDA : No Public Comments
4. DISCUSSION/ACTION – REPORT ON CONTROLLED PRAIRE BURN FOR 2017 AND 2018
PRESENTATION BY DENNY CONNOR ON SPRAYING INVASIVES IN THE PARK : Kahl/McDonald To continue with annual controlled burn plan for Town Park in 2018. Passed 5-0
McDonald/Handschke to continue Spraying Reed Canary Grass and add invasive non-native cattail spraying for 2018 in the Town Park Prairie, spending up to $1000.00 for the project. Passed 5-0.
Consensus was to call a work meeting mid-summer of 2018 for identifying and cutting other invasive plants in the Prairie.
5. DISCUSSION/ACTION- REPACEMENT OR NOT OF SEVERAL LANDSCAPE PLANTS IN
FRONT OF TOWN HALL ON SOUTH SIDE OF BUILDING: Hook/McDonald , Motion to replace three Magic Carpet Spirea plants that have died, in Spring of 2018. Passed 5-0.
6. DISCUSSION/ACTION – INSTALLING PLANT SCREENING ON WEST AND SOUTH SIDE OF
FUEL DISPENSING ENCLOSURE ON EAST SIDE OF TOWN HALL: McDonald/Kahl , Motion Not to install screening on sides of the fuel dispensing tank at the Town Hall Garage. Motion Passed 5-0.
Hook/McDonald motion to plant 2 bur oak trees to the south-east of Town Hall in accordance with existing Architects Drawing. Planting to be done in spring of 2018. Passed 5-0
7. OTHER BUSINESS – FINANCIAL REPORT: Hard Copy passed-out.
8. FUTURE MEETING DATES: Next meeting at the discretion of the Chair.
9. ADJOURN: McDonald/Hook to Adjourn. Passed 5-0
Submitted by: Joe Kruchten