COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE MEETING
TITLE: Communications Committee
DATE: Friday March 14th, 2014
TIME: 7:00am – 7:30am
LOCATION: Town of Berry Hall 9046 State Road 19
POSTINGS: DH Repair, Town of
ORDER – Roll Call:
2. APPROVE MINUTES OF: January 14th 2014. Motion: Davis/Carlson to approve the February 11th, 2014 minutes. Motion carried.
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS: You may address the Committee on any item not on the agenda. A discussion item may be placed on a future agenda. Public comment may be heard on any agenda item either now, or at the time the agenda item is to be discussed, or at the discretion of the Committee Chair at any other time the agenda item is discussed. Comments are generally limited to three minutes.
4. REVIEW: March 2014 Town Newsletter.
5. EVENTS REPORT: None
6. NEWSLETTER UPDATE:
a. Discussion/action regarding final article advising if residents have not responded then the printed newsletter would be discontinued but still available on the website for reading. Davis said he requested item be added to Town Board for March 2014 board agenda item for discussion/action on printed newsletter being discontinued for non-responses to newsletter survey.
b. Recommendation on having a table sign for Newsletter Survey Sign Up for Spring Primary Elections. Davis said he would have a sign made and at the town hall before the primary elections.
c. Davis requested total statistics including costs associated with Survey and Newsletter being mailed, emailed, reading on the website, and no responses prior to March Board Meeting.
7. OTHER TOPICS: Discussion Only
8. DISCUSSION ON FUTURE NEWSLETTER ARTICLES:
a. If approved by Board then a final Newsletter notification to non-respondents of 6 month survey.
b. Short article on Annual Meeting
c. Article looking for citizen volunteers for committees.
d. Cross Plains Community Center is in initial phases.
e. Open Book article for May.
f. Web Committee update News Article.
9. ARTICLE SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 3rd, 2014.
10. NEXT MEETING DATE: April 8th, 2014 7:00 pm.
11. OTHER TOPICS – DISCUSSION ONLY: None
12. ADJOURN: Motion Davis to adjourn. Seconded by Carlson.